Reservation & Refund Policies
- Prepaid Reservations are required.
- Check-in is no earlier than Noon.
- Check-out is no later than 10:00 am
- If the stall(s) are left dirty, you will be charged $25.00 per dirty
When You Arrive
Before unloading horses check in at the office with:
- Copies of all health papers. The state of Maine requires a Negative Coggins dated within one year for out-of-state
horses, and 3 years for in-state horses. Also, all horses must have proof that they were vaccinated for rabies and EHV-1 at least 14 days ahead of arrival. Out-of-state horses also need a 30 day Health Certificate signed by a veterinarian stating that the horse is free of contagious or infectious disease. The Maine Veterinarian has final say on require paperwork, and it is subject to change. Failure to have the required documentation above will result in your being excluded from the Carriages of Acadia area.
After you Check-in:
Carriages of Acadia staff will provide you with park maps, explain and provide you with a copy of the Park's and Stable's ground rules. Staff will then show you where to unload your horses and where to park your vehicles.
Horse Care and Legal Responsibilities:
At all times you are exclusively responsible for the care, custody and control of your horses and personal property. As part of the consideration for the occupancy, you agree to release, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Carriages of Acadia stables, its management and employees from any liability for any accidents, injuries or losses you or your livestock my cause or incur.
- Reservations cannot be taken until 8:00 am on January 2nd.
- A 50% deposit of all fees is due at the time the reservation is confirmed and must be received before a reservation will be confirmed in writing
- All balances are due by May 1st.
- A 100% refund will be issued if you change or cancel your reservation at least sixty-one (61) days
or more before your scheduled arrival.
- A 50% refund will be issued if you change or cancel your reservation less than sixty-one but more than
thirty-one days before your scheduled arrival.
- A 25% refund will be issued if you change or cancel your reservation
thirty days or less but more than eleven days before your scheduled arrival.
- No refund will be issued if you change or cancel your reservation in
ten days or less before your scheduled arrival.
- There is a 7% tax on any campsite reservation.
Close This Window